Sunday, December 22, 2013

Snow Day Sunday

It's a snowy Sunday. I got up at 4:00 an checked my coins. I had an order to buy coins at a low price. I had a surprise when I saw that the coins were "up" strongly.
I decided that I couldn't watch the coins in my sleep so I decided to try a "bot". That is a software robot that trades my currency for me 24 hrs a day. It seemed like a reasonable price. $89 to get started and $9 a month from then on.
It had as free trial so I tried that. It didn't work. It told me that I had an invalid registration #.
I'll have to try to get that straightened out, tomorrow. Anyway, today was another day of over-trading. I probably lost $100 so far today. I now have my money in the US dollar or "fiat" as it's called by the crypto-currency traders. I have an order in to buy at a ridiculously low price. I'm still expecting the weekend crash that seems to happen regularly.
I shoveled a lot of snow, this morning. I doubt that it will make up for my losses in currency, but it's welcomed.
I gave up on buying a trailer. I wouldn't be able to tow it with my van. It's just too rusty underneath to attach a trailer hitch. I'm looking into buy a motor home. I might be able to get a 20 or 30 year old one at a reasonable price. I'm looking to spend less than $1000. I might be able to find something on EBay. I'll have to see if I can find someone who would take gold instead of fiat. I just don't have that kind of money laying around and I over-invested in gold. I've also got a 10 ounce silver bar that I should be able to convert to $200. I don't think gold or a large bar of silver would be much good for barter when the currency collapses.
I found a dating service for preppers. It's named "Survivalists Singles". I registered but then I couldn't get logged into it. It seems hopeful. I gave up on "OK Cupid" because I didn't want to go into detail about why I'm such a doom and gloomer. Everyone there seems to go out of their way to be upbeat whereas I feel that the whole world's economy is on the brink of collapse. I just didn't fit in there.
There was a matching website for the mentally ill that I used to go to as well. I think the name was something like "NoLongerLonely". I came to the conclusion that just because I'm mentally ill doesn't mean that I want to date someone else who is mentally ill as well. I think I would be better off with a reasonably well person. Actually I would prefer another Christian Scientist. My religion is so different from the accepted that I probably would have a hard time relating with someone who isn't a Christian Scientist.
Anyway so much for crypto-currencies, dating, and getting an RV.
Later

No comments: