Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The fair starts


I helped the county Democrats, set up their booth at the fair, today. I also manned the booth for a couple of hours.
That interfered with my getting an old Gateway laptop to work. Yesterday I got a good shell in the mail. I transferred a good hard drive to it and then I loaded Suse 11.1 on it.
The streaming video and audio leave much to be desired. I'm afraid that this model of laptop is just too slow for video and audio. It has a lot of memory but the clock speed, (450 megherz.) may be too slow. I'll have to move into more modern computers.
I uploaded a picture of Trout Run Creek. I've got to get out and take some more pictures. I had about 20 pictures that just vanished from my memory stick. I was going to upload a picture of the three, feral cats on the footbridge. I don't know where those pictures went. They just vanished.
I didn't watch the market today. I'll have to get to Yahoo finance and see what happened. I think a person should just stay out. I still have hopes for my bonds, though.
If the sun comes out tomorrow, I'll get some more pictures.

No comments: